SHRIRAM CREDIT COMPANY LIMITED
Shriram Credit Company Limited (SCCL) is a closely held Public Limited Company, originally incorporated on 10th April ,1980 in Chennai under the south India-based Shriram Group in the name of Swastik Credit Company Limited. Subsequently the name of the Company was changed to Shriram Credit Company Ltd and a fresh Certificate of Incorporation dated 14th May 1993 was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Tamil Nadu.
The Company is registered as a Non Deposit Taking Non Banking Financial Company with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under section 45-IA of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and received its Certificate of Registration on 17th April 2002 vide Registration No. B-07. 00709.
The key activities of the Sponsor are:
SCCL is the subsidiary of Shriram Capital Limited which is Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking Core Investment Company registered
with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under Section 45-IA of The Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- To lend money on security on movable or immovable properties.
- To deal in Negotiable Instruments & Securities.
- To deal in shares, stock, bonds obligations or securities of any Government, local authority or company.
- To act as a Sponsor for the Mutual Fund and perform all relevant activities related in this regard.
Shriram Credit Company Limited is well-positioned to take the Group to the next strategic level through consolidating its position in some of the key businesses
like lending activities and providing the necessary impetus to grow the business of its subsidiaries. Currently the subsidiary companies of the Sponsor are as follows:
Thus, acting as the Sponsor of Shriram Asset Management Co. Ltd., is the logical extension of its current business structure since it is already
the Holding Company of those companies which are engaged in the business of providing financial services to retail investors aka "Aam Admi" in the areas of Broking and other financial activities. Hence this activity is also in sync with its present business line.
- Shriram Fortune Solutions Limited which is engaged in the business of distributing financial products.
- Shriram Insight Share Brokers Limited which is engaged in the business of providing Broking and DP services.
- Shriram Wealth Advisors Limited which is engaged in the business of providing wealth management advisory services.
- Shriram Financial Products Solutions Pvt. Ltd. which is engaged in the business of provision of infrastructure, manpower, training facilities.